Deakin is committed to providing access to higher education for students seeking asylum or from refugee backgrounds residing in Australia to help with the cost of university study.
Deakin Humanitarian Scholarships for Undergraduate Programme in Australia, 2017
- Tuition fees + $6,000 p.a.
- 7 January 2022
- be an International student who holds a Temporary Protection visa (TPV) or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV) or be a person seeking asylum on Bridging Visa A (BVA) or E (BVE)
- be eligible for entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate by coursework degree at Deakin University (at time of application)
- be a student commencing studies in Trimester 1 2022 at Deakin University
- be studying full time
- not be an existing or previous Deakin Sanctuary Scholarship holder.
Preference will be given to students who study on campus.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
100% of your tuition fees plus $6000 per year towards study expenses.
Further support will include:
- English language course through Deakin University English Language Institute (granted on a needs basis)
- a transition program for new students prior to Orientation Week
- case management with supported referrals to relevant staff or services
- academic mentorship
- professional development opportunities and the possibility of casual paid work at Deakin University.