Evangelisches Studienwerk awards scholarships for studying at universities of applied sciences and universities all over Germany. We support students from all disciplines and specialist subjects. The important criteria are their enthusiasm for their own subject, good performances and a keen interest in interdisciplinary topics.
We are glad to receive applications from students and school graduates and support students without trial periods for the whole duration of their studies. In this way we would like to give them time to get to know Evangelisches Studienwerk with its wide range of offers, and allow them to get involved and help shape things.
We offer our students intensive and individual support, a varied and interdisciplinary range of seminars as well as the responsible codetermination of scholarships at all levels. Our financial scholarship includes up to 597 euros monthly (calculated in accordance with the guidelines of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)) plus an allowance for study issues. Unfortunately we cannot support any students in part-time, correspondence or dual courses of studies.
Evangelisches Studienwerk is looking for young people who are interested in their subject, achieve good performances, take on responsibility in society and are keen to broaden their horizon. The following formal requirements must be fulfilled for the application:
- Proven social commitment (for instance church, politics, social, environment) and proven specialist suitability for the course of studies.
- Membership in a Protestant church (exceptions are possible when submitting a special application, to the information sheet for special applications >).
- Citizenship of a member state or accession country of the European Union or other citizenship in accordance with Section 8 of the German Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG).
- For applicants without German citizenship: good German language skills (DSH certificate, TestDaf (test for foreign learners of the German language).
- Valid qualification for university studies (for instance general or advanced entrance qualification).
- At the time of selection (February/July) the students must not have advanced beyond the 4thsubject-related semester.
- For students striving for a double degree the number of semesters in the course of studies first commenced is decisive.
- Applicants who are older than 35 must also enclose a special application (to the information sheet for special applications >).
- Receipt of the processing charge (12 euros) until completion of application.
We only support people with the citizenship of a member state or accession country of the EU or another citizenship in accordance with Section 8 of the German Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG) if they are studying (or would like to study) at a university in Germany. We also support people with German citizenship who study (or would like to study) at a university in another European country. Please note that it is not possible to exclusively apply for support for a Masters course or a second course of studies. We also cannot support part-time, correspondence or dual courses of studies.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today