The Edmund Rice Emerging Leader Scholarship supports students from a refugee background with an aspiration to pursue a career in politics. This scholarship aims to stimulate change for a better world.
Curtin Edmund Rice Emerging Leaders international awards in Australia
- Up to $15,000
- 13 November 2020
Curtin is a leading Australian university with campuses in WA, Dubai, Malaysia, Mauritius & Singapore offering undergrad, postgrad & research opportunities.All Scholarships from Curtin University
All undergraduate degrees will be considered
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Edmund Rice Emerging Leaders Scholarship:
- Enrolled full-time (100 credits) in an undergraduate degree at Curtin University in semester 1, 2021
- From a refugee background
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Interest in pursuing a career in politics
- An active member of a political group or similar advocacy group through the Curtin Student Guild or any other organisation that demonstrates their commitment to pursue a career in politics or international relations/diplomacy
- Willingness to participate in one or more of the following:
- Event hosted by the University Advancement
- Hand written thank you note to the donor
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The Edmund Rice Emerging Leaders Scholarship will provide the following support for up to a maximum of 3 years (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits per semester):
- A total value of up to $15,000 paid as a cash stipend of $2,500 per semester. The amount can be used at the recipient's discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses such as text books and/or general living expenses.
- Opportunity to participate in the Edmund Rice Centre WA Developing Community Leaders Initiative (highly recommended).