College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities PGR Excellence Scholarships in UK, 2017-2018
- June 1, 2017
For September 2017 intake, University of Leicester is delighted to offer PGR Excellence Scholarship to pursue PhD programme. Non-EU applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The University of Leicester offers a range of scholarships to attract the brightest and the best students to Leicester regardless of background.
University of Leicester’s aim is to be a world-class research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
Applicants must have obtained a first class or upper second class undergraduate degree or an equivalent overseas qualification in a relevant subject.
- Awards will be granted to the strongest applicants based on an assessment of your: research proposal, academic record and supporting references
- Applicants must be an international (non-EU) fee paying applicant.
- Applicants must be able to commence studies in September 2017 as a full-time campus based student or part time Distance Learning student.
- Applicants must have obtained a first class or upper second class undergraduate degree or an equivalent overseas qualification in a relevant subject.
- Applicants must have obtained a Masters’ degree in a relevant subject.
- Applicants must possess the required English language qualification or show evidence of achieving this by September 2017.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Scholarships to the value of £15,000* for September 2017 entry, to its Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes.
The mode of application is online.
- Explore the University of Leicester’s research areas (College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities) and ensure supervision is offered in your area of study.
- Draft a research proposal. Please refer to the guidelines for research proposals on the relevant subject page you wish to research.
- Prepare your supporting documents:
a.) Supply copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas and transcripts (You must provide official copies of your transcripts including explanations of the mark schemes used). Supporting documents that are not in English must be provided with a certified English translation.
b.) You must also provide contact details for two academic referees who can comment on your suitability for the research degree programme.
- Submit your application online – In the Funding Section of the application please can you select Studentship in the Dropdown Menu. In the next dropdown select ‘Other’ and add PGR Excellence Scholarship 2017 in the ‘please specify’ section. If you have any other sources of funding please add these as prompted
If you have already submitted your PhD application for 2017 entry, meet the criteria and would like to be considered for this Scholarship please email pgradmissions-at-le.ac.uk with your request before 1 June 2017 deadline. Please include your name, application ID number and the PhD programme you have applied for.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.