The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Please consult the dispatching authorities of your home country for the categories available.
Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program
- PHD, Master, Bachelor
- Tuition fees and a stipend
- 31 March 2024
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
UESTC is a national key multidisciplinary university specialized in electronic engineering and information science and technology with a harmonious integration of science, engineering, management and liberal arts. It has enjoyed high reputation both at home and abroad.All Scholarships from University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
- Be a citizen of a country other than the PRC and in good health both mentally and physically;
- Be an academically excellent holder of high school diploma or its equivalent under the age of 25 when applying for an undergraduate program;
- Be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master's program;
- Be an academically excellent holder of a Master's degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
- Be a holder of a high school diploma (or higher) under the age of 45 when applying for a general scholar program;
- Be a master's degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for a senior scholar program;
- Have passed the HSK (Level 3) when applying for a Chinese-taught undergraduate or general scholar program (excluding Chinese language majors);
- Have passed the HSK (Level 3) when applying for a Chinese-taught senior scholar program;
- Have passed the HSK (Level 4) when applying for a Chinese-taught postgraduate program;
- Meet the admission requirements of the university of preference in terms of language proficiency and academic ability, among others, when applying for a program taught in a language other than Chinese.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
Undergraduates: CNY 2,500 per month;
Master's students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
Comprehensive medical insurance:
CNY 800 per person per year.
You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the dispatching authorities for the specific deadline of each year.
Step 1 - Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity;
Step 2 - Apply to UESTC for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate;
Step 3 - Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
Step 4 - Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
Step 5 - UESTC Academic Committee will review applicants' eligibility and academic performance submit the recommended candidates list and their application documents.
Step 6 - The CSC will organize designated universities and experts concerned to examine applicants' eligibility and academic performance before finalizing the short-list candidates
Step 7 - The CSC will notify the admission results to UESTC that will subsequently have the applicant informed.