China Scholarship Council - Post-graduate Study Abroad Program is a national scholarship program financing outstanding Chinese students (Chinese citizens) to study at top universities around the world. Curtin University is a partner university in this program.
The online application for CSC scholarship opens in each calendar year
- st round: March of each calendar year
- nd round: May of each calendar year
CSC suggests applicants apply in the first round because 2nd round will not take place if allocated funding has been used up in the 1st round. Please refer to CSC website for most up to date information.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship in China, candidates must submit with their application, a conditional scholarship offer letter from Curtin University.
To ensure interested candidates meet the China Scholarship Council application deadline in March each year, Curtin University strongly encourage students submit their online e-application for admissions latest by 31st Jan of the applying year to avoid missing the deadline.
Scholarship Recipients must hold a conditional offer of enrolment subject to the CSC award and also fulfil the entry requirements of Curtin University, including a high level of English language proficiency. Recipients must comply with the Australian Government's English proficiency requirements for the issue of a student visa. Recipients should be intending to pursue a Higher Degree by Research in one of the priority academic areas identified by CSC or one of Curtin University identified disciplines. However, applicants to other research areas may also be considered.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
Curtin University will provide a Tuition Fee Offset for successful applicants and in addition, pays a Top Up Scholarship value up to $4,400 per annum up to four years under the CSC-Curtin Scholarship scheme. The stipend is to top up the China Scholarship Council (CSC) living allowance to the value of the base Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) award rate.
China Scholarship Council under this scheme will normally cover a return international airfare and a living stipend, prescribed by the Chinese Government for the duration of each scholarship awardee. The expected study duration is 36-48 months for full PhD candidates.
- Students must find a suitable supervisor who would agree to supervise them in their areas of research.
- Once you have found a suitable supervisor, please submit your online e-application for admission
- Once you e-application for course admission has been reviewed you will received an offer of admission if approved. You will need to apply to the China Scholarship Council for consideration of a scholarship and include your offer of admission from Curtin University as part of your application. The admission process may take 4 to 6 weeks.
- If successful you need to provide your confirmation of a China Scholarship Council scholarship offer to your supervisor who will attach it to a HDR Scholarship Nomination form and submit it to the Graduate Research School for review.