Funding for this Award has been provided by Professor Bruce Chappell and Professor Allan White.
Professor Bruce Chappell's career at ANU spanned more than 30 years, from 1960 to 1997. In 1967 he graduated with an ANU PhD and was awarded an ANU DSC in 1990. His sustained research contributions were recognised with many international awards including election to Fellowship of the Australian Academy of Science.
Professor Allan White was a member of the Geology Department at ANU from 1960 to 1971. He was an undergraduate student of the famous Australian geologist and Antarctic explorer, Professor Sir Douglas Mawson. White left ANU to establish the Department of Geology at La Trobe University.
The Award will be available every three years to a prospective or continuing student who is:
- a domestic and/or international student; and
- enrolled or enrolling full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Earth Sciences and are conducting research in the areas of petrology and ore petrology at the University; and
- holds a Bachelor degree with first-class honours, or a Master degree with a research component or equivalent from a recognised university.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
Stipend scholarship of $28,092 per annum.
In addition to the fortnightly stipend, the scholarship also provides:
- Travel and Removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program;
- Thesis reimbursement;
- Dependant Child allowance (International students only);
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) (International Students Only); and
- Paid medical, maternity and parental leave.
Applications shall be called for with a closing date as set by the Research School of Earth Sciences. The closing date, and application instructions will be advertised on the University scholarship webpage.