CEU Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship
In this scholarship programme, attention is focused on “Europe" in particular, and the academic programmes, related to this subject. The idea behind this is, that in Eastern Europe, countries as prospective members, newly added members or neighbours of the EU are in need of information on many aspects of the European Union.
Academic knowledge and research facilities on a wide range of EU related topics are available at Leiden University.
It is possible to submit applications for more scholarship programmes simultaneously. However, it is not possible to obtain more than 1 scholarship from Leiden University for the same study programme.
Also, it is not possible to combine scholarships which are provided or sponsored by Leiden University (e.g. Leiden University Excellence Scholarship, Leiden – OTS China, Sino-Dutch Scholarship programme) or bilateral agreements. The CEU Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship is only open for currently enrolled degree students who will receive a diploma from CEU by the end of the current academic year.
The scholarships are valid for the following programmes starting in September 2015 (more information on these programmes can be found on the Master's at Leiden University page):
Master of Art Programmes
- International Relations, duration 1 year
**Master of Science Programmes
- Public Administration, duration 1 year
- Political Sciences, duration 1 year
**(Adv) LL.M. Programmes
- European Tax Law, duration 1 year
- European and International Business Law, duration 1 year
- European International Human Rights Law, duration 1 year
- Public International Law, duration 1 year
- International Tax Law, duration 1 year
- International Civil and Commercial Law, duration 1 year
- Law and Digital Technologies, duration 1 year
- Air and Space Law, duration 1 year
Excellent students who have been admitted to a Master programme at Leiden University.
The scholarship is only open to students who shortly have graduated or soon will graduate from the Central European University in Budapest.
Only candidates who have been pre-selected by CEU will be reviewed for the scholarship.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Leiden University (in cooperation with Central European University) offers 2 full scholarships. The scholarship covers:
- Waiver of the application fee (only applicable for students who have been pre-selected by CEU)
- Full waiver of the tuition fee
- A monthly stipend of € 1.100 (based on 10 months)
- Reimbursement of the costs for health insurance
(max. € 500, based on actual costs, if applicable)
- Reimbursement of the costs for residence permit
(max. € 350, based on actual costs, if applicable)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.