CERN - Summer Student Programme
How do you plan to spend your summer? How does getting involved in some of the world’s biggest experiments sound? This is more than summer work. It’s the chance to join CERN in Geneva – getting involved in the day-to-day work of our multicultural teams. Attend lectures, visit CERN facilities, take part in discussions and workshops with people who are leaders in their fields. In fact, it will be a summer like nowhere else on Earth.
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Romania or Serbia. Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State educational establishment.
- You are an undergraduate student of physics, computing and/or engineering.
- You have completed, by the summer of attending, at least three years of full-time studies at university level. If you expect to graduate in the summer of attending (but not earlier than May 2015), you are eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User...) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Travel allowance
- Between 8 to 13 weeks
- Choice of dates of stay to be indicated in application
- Health Insurance Scheme
- 40 hours/week
- During July & August you may attend lectures from 09:00-12:30 each day (5 weeks)
- Report to be written by the end of stay
- The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.