Central European University-Roma Education Fund MA Scholarships in Hungary, 2017
- 1 February 2017
Central European University (CEU) and the Roma Education Fund (REF) will award up to ten scholarships annually to Roma students to enroll in Master’s Degree programs in CEU.
Central European University is a graduate-level “crossroads” university where faculty and students from more than 100 countries come to engage in interdisciplinary education, pursue advanced scholarship, and address some of the society’s most vexing problems.
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English language test scores. Candidates whose first language is English are normally exempt from this requirement.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
All scholarships are awarded on a merit basis. Roma students of the following citizenship are eligible to apply: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following support for the duration of their study:
- Full tuition award
- Living stipend
In addition to submitting the regular CEU admissions application package, you are asked to submit:
- A recommendation letter from a legally registered Roma organization or Roma-focused institution from the country of origin.The recommendation letter should include a short description of the organization, state the connection with the MA candidate, including since when and in what capacity the referee knows him/her, and to elaborate upon the candidate’s involvement in Roma related activities.
Candidates need to register the referees in the relevant section of the online application form. More details on uploading reference letters are available here.
- One essay addressing the below four points. Your essay has to be uploaded in the online application platform as a pdf file (Qualifications/Other Supporting Documents). The recommended length for the provided answers is between 200 to 350 words per point.
- Why should you be awarded the CEU-REF scholarship? Please describe your academic achievements, civic engagement and leadership involvement, or any other personal achievements.
- What are your personal and professional goals and how will studying at CEU help you achieve those goals? How will your personal and professional goals contribute to the collective advancement of the Roma community?
- Do you consider yourself a role model for the younger generation of Roma and what defines you as Roma and make you feel belonging to the Roma community?
- What kind of activities do you plan to get involved in during the upcoming academic year, in support of the Roma community, time permitting?
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.