CEEPUS is based on lean management. The highest ranking decision making CEEPUS body is the Joint Committee of Ministers that meets once a year and takes all strategic decisions. Coordination, evaluation, program development and advertizing are the main tasks of the Central CEEPUS Office (consisting of only two persons). Each country has a National CEEPUS Office in charge of national implementation. In order to avoid setting up new administrative bodies, the National CEEPUS Offices are integrated into already existing structures, usually national agencies.
CEEPUS (Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies)
- Bachelor, Master, Phd
- Grants are only awarded the best students of many qualified candidates,
- The chosen candidates are not allowed to engage in a gainful employment next besides their academic duties,
- Needs to be a citizen of a CEEPUS country
- The scholar has to be present on-site and to pursue the research projects and studies as indicated in the application,
- Student applicants should submit a proof of full-time student status,
- Proof of "equal status" should be required,
- Students should be required to apply to the National CEEPUS Offices in the country where they hold full-time student status,
- Double citizenship: applicants should be required to decide on the status used when first lodging their application and use it throughout the procedure,
- Teachers applying for a CEEPUS grant should be employed full-time by a university and included in a CEEPUS activity.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
With CEEPUS, there is no transfer of funds: There is an internal currency of "1 scholarship month" instead. Each country pays its INCOMING students and teachers and has to pledge at least 100 scholarship months per academic year. The CEEPUS Agreement also specifies that these grants be comprehensive grants linked to the local cost of living. So far, experience has shown that this system works very well.