Brunel Medical School (BMS) is pleased to offer 5 prestigious scholarships for International students. The scholarship scheme is for overseas fee-paying applicants only and the awards will be based on merit.
Brunel Medical School International Scholarship
- 15% of the annual tuition fee
Brunel University London
Brunel University London is a public research university located in the Uxbridge area of London, England.All Scholarships from Brunel University London
To be eligible for a Brunel Medical School International Scholarship an applicant must:
- Apply for and fulfil the academic criteria for admission to the Brunel Medical MBBS programme
- Be in receipt of an offer to study on the full-time MBBS programme starting in September and have paid the deposit by the deadline, which is normally at the end of May .
- Applicants must meet all conditions of their offer by the time they are due to register at Brunel
- Must be classed as an overseas fee-paying student based on the UK regulations. Applicants who are unsure of their fee status should note Brunel uses the information they have provided in their application form to assess fee status against regulations set by the UK government. For information on these regulations please visit the independent organisation UKCISA’s website
- Those who need to undertake an English Language course at Brunel Language Centre (BLC) prior to starting the MBBS can apply for a Brunel Medical School International Scholarship.
Those not eligible for these scholarships:
- Applicants NOT classed as overseas for fees purposes based on the UK government regulations, or those with an unresolved fee status.
- Applicants sponsored by their home governments.
- Applicants who will NOT commence their course in September.
- Brunel graduates awarded the 15% Graduate Discount applied to the net tuition fee.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Value: Each scholarship has a total value of 15% of the annual tuition fee across the duration of the 5-year course, (for example, 15% of year 1 tuition fee in year 1, 15% of year 2 tuition fee, etc) subject to satisfactory progress. The scholarship award will be deducted from tuition fees; it will not be awarded as cash.
Shortlisting for Scholarship Interview by BMS Admissions Committee
- The BMS Admissions Committee will review the top-ranked candidates based on their Virtual Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) score and will consider for shortlisting those who have secured their place by paying the fee deposit;
- In the event that there are applicants with equal MMI scores, comments by MMI Assessors, candidates’ academic grades, personal statements and references may be considered in determining those who will be shortlisted;
- The Admissions Committee may moderate the shortlist to prioritise candidates with under-represented characteristics in the short-listing for scholarship interviews.
Step 2: Scholarship Interview
The scholarship interview will be held online and will involve a short presentation and discussion with the Interview Panel. Candidates will be assessed during the presentation discussion according to the following criteria:
(1) Aspiration to contribute to the School as BMS Ambassador in alignment with the School’s mission and vision
(2) Evidence of leadership experience
(3) Commitment to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
(4) Aspiration to contribute to the medical profession after graduation in alignment with the School’s mission and vision
(5) Organisation of thoughts and clarity of communication.
- 2 Interview Panel: The Interview Panel will include a minimum of three Panellists, to include the Chair, at least one clinician and one lay person (who will not be a member of Brunel University staff). The Panel will be chaired by the BMS Academic Head of Admissions.
- 3 Award schedule: The scholarships will be awarded after the interviews which are normally held in June. Awards will be finalised once all offer conditions have been met.