The aim of the programme is to support students and researchers from Afghanistan with bridge scholarships to start or continue their bachelor's or master's studies at a state or state-recognised higher education institution in Germany.
Bridge Scholarships Afghanistan
- PHD, Master, Bachelor
- EUR 861 per month or EUR 1200 per month
DAADAll Scholarships from DAAD
- Undergraduates, Graduates, doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines are eligible to apply,
- Who can prove that they have Afghan citizenship (no dual citizenship),
- Who are already enrolled as bachelor's or master's students resp. who submit an admission letter until the application deadline or have been accepted as doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers at an institution resp. who submit a confirmation of supervision or an invitation letter until the application deadline,
- Who, as a rule, are already in Germany with a valid residence permit at the time of the application deadline,
- Who, as a rule, have not been staying in Germany for longer than 15 months at the time of the application deadline. This does not exclude applications from Afghans with a longer stay after obtaining a first degree or similar in Germany.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of:
- 861 euros for undergraduates (preparatory college and bachelor) and graduates (master),
- 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for family members
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers.
The deadline is different for each country. For more information, please check the official website.