Bonnart Trust PhD Scholarship at Birkbeck, University of London in UK, 2017
- Deadline: February 1, 2017
A fully funded three-year postgraduate Bonnart Trust PhD Scholarship, to commence in October 2017, will be awarded to an outstanding candidate whose research topic explores a theme concerned with either Diversity and Belonging or Minorities and Social Justice.
The purpose of The Bonnart Trust is to ‘establish and maintain scholarships at universities in the United Kingdom for research at the postgraduate level into the nature of racial, religious and cultural intolerance with a view to finding a means to combat it.’
Birkbeck, University of London is a public research university located in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Candidates will normally possess at least an upper second class undergraduate honours degree or equivalent and a master’s degree or equivalent.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
The three-year Scholarship will commence in October 2017. It will cover the cost of fees at the full-time home/EU rate for MPhil/PhD degrees (currently £4,121), and provide an annual stipend set at Research Council rates (currently £16,296).
Students will need to complete five steps
- Prepare a concise research proposal that addresses one of the themes: Diversity and Belonging or Minorities and Social Justice.
- Research proposals are encouraged which:
- Draw connections between the proposed research topic and contemporary concerns and practical outcomes
- Consider these themes in a European and/or UK context
- General guidance on writing a research proposal
- Individual departments may have specific requirements. See the departmental links below.
- Identify the appropriate department for your research and a potential supervisor
- Applied Linguistics and Communication
- History, Classics and Archaeology
- Geography, Environment and Development Studies
- Psychosocial Studies
- Potential supervisors by Department.
- Discuss and develop research proposal with potential supervisor
- Apply on-line for the relevant MPhil/PhD programme. Use the departmental links above and click the tab: ‘Apply Now’.
- Complete the Bonnart Trust PhD Scholarship Application Form and submit via email.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.