The University of Birmingham (UoB) is pleased to announce the award of 4 scholarships of £5,000 for American domiciled students applying for entry to a postgraduate programme at the University starting September 2021.
These are joint awards with our local representatives: Across the Pond (ATP)
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their UoB programme in 2021/22 academic year.
You should have an excellent academic background. The selection panel will only consider applicants attaining a CGPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or above. Winning candidates regularly achieve a CGPA of between 3.4-3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- have received an offer of a place to study on a Masters (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham of one year in duration
- meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme
- have a valid student ID number
- have an offer to study a full-time programme at our UK campus (not distance learning)
- be a national of the USA, and be domiciled in the USA
- be classified as overseas for fees purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fee not covered by the scholarship
- have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living for a year at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship
- start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the scholarship award may not be deferred)
- be registered with and have their postgraduate study application attached to our local representatives: Across the Pond (ATP)
- submit their scholarship application through one of our local representatives by the deadline: 18th May 2021
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
The scholarship awards are for £5,000 towards tuition fees for an eligible one year Masters (taught or research) programme at our UK campus.
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline of 18th May 2021. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit
Only under exceptional circumstances in which the University is unable to choose an awardee based solely on academic merit (for instance, if two candidates have identical grades) will applicants be asked to attend an interview via Skype.
Decisions will be announced at the start of June and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2021.
Successful scholarship awardees will need to accept by the 30th June 2021.