BIGSAS Sandwich Scholarship Programme for African and Non-African Scholars
- 28 February 2017
Applications are invited for Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS) Sandwich Programme in the field of African Studies. African and non-African scholars are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The University of Bayreuth is a hub of international and interdisciplinary research. African Studies have been a priority at the University of Bayreuth since its foundation in 1975. The Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS) brings together African and European academic networks and fosters partnership not only between the University of Bayreuth and its six Partner Universities in Africa but also among universities in Africa.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Applicants must have a very good Master’s Degree in one of the disciplines represented at the Graduate School. Applications may be sent in German, English or French; the working language of BIGSAS is English.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The stay in Bayreuth is connected with a scholarship of monthly EUR 1,200.
The mode of application is online.
- Project proposal: (including the aims of the dissertation, a detailed work and time schedule for the project, ten pages at a max. and an abstract of the proposal. Please include your name, page number and an explanation of the file on each page.)
- Letter of Motivation (1 page, explaining why you apply for BIGSAS)
- Soft copy of your written Master’s or equivalent thesis
- Two letters of reference (Authors need to be from the applicant’s academic background and mentioned with title and university/institute. Letters have to be signed personally by the authors.)
- List of academic publications (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae (showing your academic progress and qualification(s) in detail)
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate / Higher Education Entrance Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree including transcript of records (e.g. Licence ou Maîtrise, a certified copy is requested)
- Master’s Degree or equivalent degree including transcript of records (e.g. DEA or DESS, a certified copy is requested)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.