Beacon Scholarships for Kenya
- Tuition fee discount
- 30 June 2021
The Beacon Scholarship is a change-maker programme that offers access for financially disadvantaged students from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to undergraduate programmes of study at world class schools and universities.
The programme includes leadership training and development, an away and home country mentor network, and a goal-setting performance management system.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- their normal residence is in Kenya, Tanzania or Uganda
- leadership capabilities:
- academic excellence
- achievement in sport, music or drama
- social influence and communication
- a capacity to study independently overseas
- financial need for study, ie annual gross household income not exceeding £80k (US$100k)
- that they are aged 18-21
- a commitment to return to their home country within one month of degree completion.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Tuition and maintenance fees are split three ways, with a third coming from the university partner, a third from Beacon, and a third from the scholar's parents, sponsor or guardians.
For full information about this scheme and its application procedure, please visit The Beacon Scholarship website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.