Bar funding for Domestic & International Students at Northumbria University
- The winners of a Bar Course Scholarship will enjoy a full waiver of the fees for the Bar Course
- 14 February 2020
Northumbria Law School is seeking to attract the highest calibre students to its Bar Courses. Our aim is to enable highly capable and highly motivated students to enter the profession.
In furtherance of that aim, Northumbria Law School is pleased to offer five Bar Course Scholarships. The winners of a Bar Course Scholarship will enjoy a full waiver of the fees for the Bar Course (terms and conditions apply, see below).
The Bar Course Scholarships are awarded on merit. The application process is assessed via a written application form, and successful candidates will then be invited to attend an interview.
To be eligible to apply for the Bar Course Scholarship for September 2020 you must:
- be a Home, EU or International applicant.
- apply to study the Bar Course at Northumbria University, commencing in September 2020.
- meet the terms and conditions of your offer for the Bar Course
- be a self-funded student.
- not have fees which are paid in full or in part through a sponsorship arrangement, i.e. employer funded.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The winners of this study program will enjoy a full waiver of the fees for the Bar Course.
The Bar Course Scholarships are awarded on merit. The application process for a Scholarship takes the following form:
- Round 1 – The written application: Applicants will complete an online application form, giving information about their academic achievements; reasons for wishing to undertake the Bar Course; relevant work and extra-curricular experience; and other relevant background information
Successful applicants in Round 1 will then proceed to Round 2 (please note that progression to Round 2 is no guarantee of an award).
- Round 2 – The interview: Applicants will be interviewed by members of the Bar Course teaching team. The interview will be loosely based upon the sort of interview that applicants might expect to face when applying for pupillage.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.