BAGSS DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Programme for International Students in Germany, 2017
- 28 February 2017
Applications for the DAAD Scholarships (period October 2017-September 2018) are being accepted now. These scholarships are open to German and international students for pursuing PhD programme.
The primary goal of the school is to provide doctoral scholars with an outstanding, supportive environment for learning, research, and career development.
The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative. The School was established in 2010 to create an innovative working and learning environment for exceptionally qualified doctoral researchers.
Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not their native tongue, they will need to provide an English language proficiency proof when being shortlisted and invited for an interview.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- University is looking for candidates with a non-German citizenship who are holding a Master’s degree or equivalent in Sociology, Political Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Demography, Empirical Educational Sciences or Psychology. Candidates should propose an original dissertation project fitting thematically into at least one of our four research pillars. The two main criteria are the candidate’s proven record of academic excellence on the one hand, and BAGSS’ ability to ensure competently, research-led supervision on the other. We are interested in projects that fit with at least one of our School’s four Pillars. Proposals cutting across two (or more) Pillars are equally welcomed. A concise overview of the topics that can be supervised by our faculty can be found here.
- Candidates should not have lived in Germany for more than 15 months by April 2017. Furthermore, the last final examination for the highest university degree (usually the Master’s degree) should not have taken place more than six years prior to April 2017.
The DAAD scholarship comprises:
- A monthly scholarship rate of 1,000 EUR
- A travel allowance depending on the country of origin
- A combined health, accident and liability insurance
- A study and a research allowance of 460 EUR per year
- A rent and/or family allowance if applicable
Please submit the completed file using our online application form. All documents need to be submitted as a single PDF (max. 30 MB).
In this single PDF, you must arrange your documents in the following order:
- Cover Letter
- Research Proposal
- School leaving certificate, university transcripts and degree certificates
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Statement of knowledge of social science research methods
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.