BACS-Taiwan Huayu Enrichment Scholarships
- 31 March 2017
Applications for the 2017-18 round of the BACS-Taiwan Huayu Enrichment Scholarships are now being accepted. International students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao students are not eligible) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Established by the Ministry of Education, Republic of China (Taiwan) (the MoE) to encourage international students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao students are not eligible) to undertake Mandarin courses to study Chinese in Taiwan in order to provide them with opportunities to study authentic Chinese, to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
The British Association for Chinese Studies is a non-political organization which aims to encourage and promote Chinese studies in the United Kingdom.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
International applicants above the age of 18, who possess A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications) or above, an excellent academic record and are of good moral character are eligible. Candidates to whom one or more of the following criteria apply are ineligible for the scholarship.
- Overseas Chinese students and nationals of the R.O.C.
- Those currently studying Mandarin in Taiwan or who have studied a degree programme in Taiwan.
- Those who have previously received an HES or a Taiwan Scholarship.
- Those who will be an exchange student to Taiwan under an agreement between partner institutions in the UK and Taiwan during the scholarship period.
- Those currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or other educational institutions.
- Those who are not UK nationals.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
A monthly stipend of NT$25,000 is provided to cover fees and to contribute to maintenance expenses.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Applicants need to submit the following documents electronically to the British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS) before the announced deadline (in principle, the yearly application period is from February 1st to March 31st):
- An application form (provided by BACS).
- A scanned copy of his/her UK passport.
- Scanned copies of the certificates of his/her highest academic qualification(i.e. degree certificate or A-Level certificates). Current university students who have not yet graduated should include a copy of their most recent transcript of study.
- Proof of application to a recognised Taiwanese language centre (e.g. valid admission letter or e-mail from the language centre’s admissions department acknowledging receipt of application).
For further details regarding how to submit the application electronically, refer to ‘2017 BACS Notes for Applicants’ on the BACS website.
Applicants must already have submitted an application to their chosen language centre for the appropriate semester before applying for the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.