BA History of Art Scholarships for International Students at University of Leicester in UK, 2017
- Deadline: January 15, 2017
The University of Leicester is pleased to offer three scholarships of £9,000 each to students applying to study for a BA in History of Art at Leicester in September 2017 (UCAS code V308).
This course is designed to develop your appreciation for art by revealing the details of its history and placing it in its historical context.
The Department of History of Art at Birkbeck has an international reputation for its innovative approaches to the history of art, visual culture and museum studies.
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. If student’s first language is not English, they may need to provide evidence of English language ability. If they do not yet meet r requirements, English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU) offers a range of courses to help them to improve their English to the necessary standard.
In order to continue receiving the scholarship students will need to achieve grades equivalent to at least a 2:1 at the end of your first and second years.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
If successful, students will receive £3,000 each year. This award will be paid into your bank account in the first semester of each academic year. It is not a discount on your tuition fee.
- Students will be automatically considered for this scholarship when you apply for a place on the BA in History of Art, starting in 2017. The scholarship is not available for any other degrees or years.
- On receipt of application through UCAS University will invite students to an interview at the University. Interview dates are Saturday 18th March 2017 or Saturday 8th April 2017; we will ask you to let us know which of these dates you prefer. The invitation will include details of who to contact if you do not wish to apply for the scholarship or if you are unable to attend on either of those dates (in which case we will make every effort to organize alternative arrangements).
- University will write to students in the week commencing April 10, 2017 to let them know whether they have been successful.
- The University will award three scholarships, taking into account a range of factors including academic record, academic potential and interview performance.
- In order to receive the scholarship, Leicester must be your Firm Choice. If Leicester is not student’s Firm Choice, they should let us know immediately so that we can reallocate the scholarship to another applicant.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.