Aziz Foundation Masters Scholarships Scheme
- 100% tuition fees. No maintenance.
- May 31, 2020
The Aziz Foundation is awarding 100% tuition fee Masters scholarships to youth lacking the financial means to complete postgraduate degrees at British universities. These scholarships aim to empower British Muslims to bring positive change to their communities and beyond. Thus, they are aimed at those who:
- Aspire to make a positive contribution to society – people who want to help others
- View themselves as future British Muslim leaders – changemakers
- The Scholarships are for British Muslims
- Must qualify for Home Fees Status
- Must be applying for a Masters level courses at a British University or Higher Education Institution (PhDs, Undergraduate Courses, PGCEs, LPCs or PG Dips will not be considered)
- The course must run in the 2020-1 academic year (either September or January entry)
- Courses can be either full-time or part-time
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Successful applicants will be supported through:
1. Leadership Support Scheme (LSS) – The LSS will offer training days and career mentors that further increase the chances of the scholars starting successful careers.
2. Aziz Scholars Association (ASA) – The ASA comprises of current scholars and alumni. It enables scholars to synergize as well as coordinate induction and training days.
Applications are submitted online, with the application form made available on 7th January 2020.The application form includes questions about financial means, a vision statement of no more than 1,000 words and the names of two referees.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for a 30 minute interview to explore questions around:
- challenges facing British Muslims;
- vision and hopes for change;
- personal qualities needed to succeed;
- means test – financial barriers faced (student debt, financial commitments).
Successful applicants will show how the Masters course they wish to study increases their effectiveness in one of the following areas relating to British Muslims:
– Representation and Advocacy – increase representation and contribution of Muslims to civil society
– Community Development – raise aspirations and standards within British Muslim communities
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.