AXA Research Fund - Post-doctoral Fellowship
The AXA Research Fund was created in 2008 to encourage scientific research that would contribute to understanding and preventing environmental, life, and socio-economic risks. The Fund supports world class research in these areas by providing institutions with the means of attracting and retaining the leading scientists of today and of the next generation. The Fund seeks to support innovative and cutting-edge transdisciplinary projects, particularly as such projects may encounter difficulties in gaining support elsewhere.
To apply for these fellowships, institutions must be registered with the AXA Research Fund. The AXA Research Fund does not accept unsolicited applications from individual applicants.
Applications must be submitted by the research institution to which the candidate’s host laboratory belongs, and where the post-doctoral work is to be carried out.
Academic excellence of the candidate
- Innovative approach and originality of the project
- Feasibility of the project (management, organization, budget)
- International reach of the host laboratory
- International mobility high value is placed on candidates who have spent, since their Master’s Thesis, a minimum of 1 semester abroad dedicated to field work, academic studies, research or/and to conferences, or plan to spend a minimum of 1 semester abroad during the course of their Postdoc studies.
- No more than 5 years between PhD defense and start of PostDoc project (valued but not required) - Ability to transmit his/her work and popularize his/her research. While not eliminatory, this criterion may differentiate between two equally qualified applications.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Maximum total is EUR 60.000 for the entire duration of one year funding and covers:
- Annual gross salary of EUR 35.000 per year
- Covers any additional costs incurred in relation to the research project of maximum EUR 5.000 per year.
- Related fees paid to the host institution, used to cover all or some of the expenses related to the Post-Doctoral research.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.