AUT provides doctoral scholarships to highly achieving doctoral research students to AUT University in order to encourage and stimulate doctoral studies in areas of the University’s research capability.
AUT Doctoral Scholarships - School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
- EUR 1500 per year
- 1 November 2022
• Applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements as stated in the Academic Calendar (http://www.aut.ac.nz/calendar) at the time of application.
• Applicants must meet the normal admission criteria for the doctoral programme and have received an Offer of Place (OOP) for the doctoral programme at AUT. Doctor of Philosophy - AUT
• Recipients of this scholarship will have an excellent academic record, strong academic references and have demonstrated the potential for high quality research.
• Scholarships are awarded on academic merit and recipients of this scholarship will normally have the equivalent of first class honours. Previous study should include research methodology paper(s) and an independent research project, including the writing of a report on that research.
• The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the University can offer supervision. Applicants should contact potential supervisors prior to application to confirm the availability of supervision for their proposed research.
• Preference will be given to new applicants to the doctoral programme at AUT, including those currently in provisional candidature.
• Applicants who have applied unsuccessfully in past rounds may reapply only if there is a change to the information submitted.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The full scholarship normally consists of the following: • Tuition fees (at the domestic rate) plus the compulsory student services fee; and • An annual stipend of NZ$25,000 per annum. Applicants for the AUT Doctoral Scholarship will also be considered for one of the following Faculty or School funded options: • A Full Fee Scholarship • Full fees plus an annual stipend equivalent to at least $20,000 or the minimum living cost criteria for Immigration NZ student visa, whichever is the highest.
Application available each year in March, July and November.