Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA)/ Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarships (DUPRS)
- Master, Phd
- Fully Funded
- NaN undefined NaN
The APAs are funded by the Australian Federal Government while the DUPRSs are funded by Deakin University. Both awards are available to domestic and international students. Only the top ranked applicants in a scholarship round will be offered an APA. Applicants can apply for candidature only (without scholarship) at any time during the year. However, candidature and scholarship applications must be lodged by the deadlines listed below.
Successful applicants must have achieved a first class Honours degree or equivalent. Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a Masters or Doctoral degree full-time in 2016 and have applied for, or are currently enrolled in, a higher degree by research. Applicants who have commenced their graduate research degree must have at least 12 months full-time or equivalent candidature remaining. Applicants who have previously held an APA or DUPR for six months or more cannot be considered for another APA or DUPR.
The primary criterion is a high standard of Honours (a year of assessed research following an undergraduate course) or its equivalent. Equivalence could include:
- research Masters' degree with at least 2/3 of the degree comprising a thesis graded at 80%+
- coursework Masters' degrees or graduate diplomas which includes a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words to 80%+ standard and research methodology units
- comparable qualifications from international universities including a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words and GPA 80%+ standard
- relevant postgraduate research experience
- independently refereed journal articles, publications, or conference papers
- professional reporting or prior learning
- research related awards or prizes
- other evidence of research ability.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Value and benefits A stipend of $26,288 per annum tax exempt (2016 rate) A relocation allowance up to $1840 (2016 rate) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin Paid sick, maternity and parenting leave Only an APA may be transferred to another university
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.