ASEAN Scholarships in the PhD in Sustainable Development, Thailand
- 100% tuition fee
- 30 April 2019
ASEAN Scholarships in the PhD in Sustainable Development
The International College of Thaksin University, in Thailand, supports researchers from ASEAN countries by offering three (3) scholarships to promising ASEAN students enrolled in its PhD in Sustainable Development. As the program is meant to be multi-disciplinary, Sustainable Development covers all academic disciplines.
To be eligible for the PhD scholarship, the applicant must:
1. Be a citizen of an ASEAN country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
2. Not be more than 45 years of age at the time of application.
3. Have obtained a Master Degree, or have completed any relevant studies, with no lower than a CGPA of 3.5 or equivalent.
4.Applicants who, in the past, have not studied in an English program must have taken one of the following English Language Proficiency tests, or any equivalent English tests, not more than two years before the date of application (Please note that Thaksin University reserve the right to interview the applicant to assess fluency in English):
4.1 TOEFL - Paper-based (TOEFL Paper), with a score not less than 550
- Computer-based (TOEFL CBT), with a score not less than 180
- Internet-based (TOEFL IBT), with a score not less than 80
4.2 IELTS, with a score not less than 5.5
1. The scholarship will cover the tuition fees to enroll in the PhD in Sustainable Development value of 600,000THB (approx. 20,000US$). Further, a research grant of 60,000THB (approx. 2,000US$) will be provided to the thesis supervisor in support of the research of the student.
2.Scholarship recipients may be eligible to obtain a Research Assistantship, in the case of research projects benefitting from research grants, or a Teaching Assistantship in specific classes. These Assistantships provide up to 15,000THB (approx. 500US$) per month, for a maximum period of three (3) years.
3. The International College will not be responsible for any domestic or international travel costs for the student or their travel partner and family.
4. The scholarship will be awarded for a period of three (3) years, with the condition that the student is enrolled at Thaksin University and shows good progress in his or her academic requirements and research work.
To apply please submit:
Completed Application Form
Resume of academic and professional experience
A copy of the details pages of passport/ identification card
Two written academic references
English language test results (IELTS or TOEFL)
Preliminary research proposal (not more than 4 pages)
List of publications
Letter of motivation for doing a PhD and the reasons of your application to this scholarship (not more than 1 page)
Please send the documents via Email: email@example.com
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.