Mental health stability is a valuable part of seeking a long-term career or bettering a person’s lifestyle. We at Ark Behavioral Health are passionate about supporting higher education, both to help college students reach their goals and in an effort to give back to our community.
Mental health challenges in college students affect student performance, motivation, and social interactions. In fact, since the start of the pandemic, students have experienced large increases in anxiety and depression.
Covid-19 has highlighted the mental health challenges and needs for students.
The prevalence of the virus has created stressors such as fear of getting infected, financial instability, and worry of losing loved ones. The pandemic has also forced students into radical lifestyle changes forcing them to adjust to little or no social interaction.
Some studies have evaluated mental health issues throughout the pandemic, but there is so much more to learn in terms of the impact among college students.
For these reasons, it’s important to promote mental health awareness to college students during COVID-19 and shed light on ways to help reduce stress, depression, and other mental health illnesses.
To be eligible to enter this scholarship contest, applicants:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or otherwise legally residing in 1 of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico+Virgin Islands, and the District of Columbia
- Must be a student pursuing a college or university degree (Associate’s,
Bachelor, Master, Doctorate) or a trade certification in a technical college
- Must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of entry
- Must have a minimum 2.50 GPA
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
- 1st Place: $1,000
- Runner-up: $250
- Applicants will have to submit an original written essay of 600-800 words answering the question “How Did Coronavirus Change the Way You Think of Mental Health?”
- Ensure you meet all eligibility requirements
- Submit your essay via email to email@example.com with “Scholarship Essay Submission” as the subject. (Include within your email your name, age, university/college institution, and preferred email.)
Winners will be notified by email—check back in January 2022.
When submitting your essay, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Essay is your own original work
- Essay is no longer than 800 words
- Essay submission deadline: December 31, 2021
- Scholarship award announcement: January, 2022
- Scholarship will be awarded for the January 2022 semester. Scholarships will be awarded directly to the university through the financial aid department (or however the university chooses) to be distributed to the winning student.
Please Note: There is no fee involved in this scholarship program.
- We do not share applicant’s data with anyone; we keep your data confidential with us
- We do not want any credit card information at any stage
- Winners shall be published on this site and shall be contacted separately
What are we judging the application on?
- Clarity of story or idea
- Topic relevance
- Quality of content