ARC PhD international awards at University of Adelaide
- $28,092 p.a. + tuition fee waiver
This is an Australian Research Council PhD Research Scholarship funded by the Australian Research Council Discovery Project grant DP200100729, Coarse Geometry: a novel approach to the Callias index & topological matter, (Chief Investigators: Prof Mathai Varghese, Dr Peter Hochs, Dr Guo Chuan Thiang, 2020-2022). Successful students will be supervised by Prof Mathai Varghese and either of Dr Peter Hochs or Dr Guo Chuan Thiang. Topics include: Index theory, geometric analysis, noncommutative geometry, mathematics of condensed matter physics, coarse geometry and topology.
The University of Adelaide
An applicant must:
- have completed their qualifying Masters program of study;
- be a domestic student or an international student at the time of application and enrolment;
- enrol as a commencing student in a full-time PhD research program in Pure Mathematics/School of Mathematical Sciences/ University of Adelaide in the approved semester;
For the duration of the scholarship the recipient will receive a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver and a stipend of AUD$28,092 (2020 rate, indexed annually) per annum.
Application is a two stage process:
1. Application for Admission Only must be submitted using the Online Application Form available at:
https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduatecentre/future-students/how-to-apply. Please indicate the name of the scholarship in the research interests field in the online application form.
2. Please email a summary of your application for admission to Professor Mathai Varghese (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Application for Australian Research Council PhD Research Scholarship - Coarse Geometry: a novel approach to the Callias index & topological matter*"*** in the subject heading. You can request a copy of your application summary by emailing email@example.com with the subject heading 'Request for application summary'.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.