ARC Centre of Excellence PEB Warwick Hillier Honours International Scholarship
- Up to $7,000 p.a.
- 31 December 2020
The Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology (PEB) at The Australian National University is seeking applications from motivated candidates for Honours programs. Our centre invests heavily in research training at all levels, and we would like to invite applicants to consider carrying out Honours research training with us.
PEB offers a unique research experience that will allow students to develop scientific and professional skills to be successful. By carrying out an honours, masters or PhD research project in this Centre you will benefit from:
- Direct hands-on training and supervision by dedicated research staff organised in small teams, which will provide high-level training in a number of scientific approaches on a daily basis, directly at the laboratory bench. This is complemented by supervision by senior investigators who have guided many research students over the years.
- Dedicated support staff in science communication, IT support and bio-informatic approaches.
- Hands-on access and experience with the state of the art equipment for scientific research, such as next-generation sequencing, plant genetics, plant phenomics, quantitative proteomic and metabolomics approaches, and computational biology
- Interaction with a variety of national (The University of Western Australia, The Australian National University, University of Adelaide; La Trobe University) and international (China, US, UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan) collaborators.
- Discussion on student research and advice on careers by a variety of international scientific leaders who visit the Centre regularly
The Australian National University
- have been successful in gaining entry into the Honours year of an undergraduate program offered by the Research School of Biology;
- have a strong academic record;
- have a willing and suitable supervisor who is associated with the Centre of Excellence for Plant Energy Biology.
One successful applicant will be offered a Warwick Hillier Honours Scholarship which provides a stipend of $7,000. All other applicants will be considered for ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology Honours Scholarships at equal value.
Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- completed application form (available from the top of this page);
- the applicant's academic record;
- name and contact details of the applicant's identified supervisor/s; and
- contact details for two academic referees familiar with the applicant.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.