Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship
- 12,500 euro
- 1 February 2017
The Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship (ASTS) offered by the Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam is aimed at non Dutch talented students from the European Union / European Economic Area who choose to do a Science Master’s programme. It is a full scholarship of € 12,500 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes.
Candidates for the ASTS are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- the candidate’s academic records. Students belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply. This means an overall grade point average equivalent to at least:
- 3.5 (GPA American system)
- 1st class honours / upper division British system
- 8+ (Dutch EC-system); the academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) programme has been obtained;
- at least two letters of reference from academic staff members;
- the quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career);
- a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) - overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) - overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components);
- the quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Application for the ASTS is part of the application procedure for the Master’s programme of your choice at the University of Amsterdam. Please follow the steps mentioned on the UvA ASTS scholarship page carefully.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.