American University in Cairo Fellowships for African Students in Egypt, 2017
- 15 February 2017
The American University in Cairo is inviting applications for African Graduate Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or more) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and center of the intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
All new undergraduate students applying as degree and nondegree students must provide evidence of academic English proficiency with the admission application.
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and journalism and mass communication applicants)
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- Tuition fees coverage
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fee
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University Residences at AUC New Cairo
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic or administrative work
Students must submit the online application. For an application to be processed, the following documents must be included:
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.