AlThuraya Cambridge Scholarship
- Partial scholarships towards tuition - support varies
- 6 December 2017
AlThuraya Cambridge Scholarship is a program specifically tailored for masters students attending the University of Cambridge. Scholarships are granted through AlThuraya Foundation and Cambridge Common Wealth European and International Trust. The program will issue scholarships to outstanding students determined to specialize and advance the state of the Middle East and North Africa.
1. applicants should be normally a national of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, , Yemen; and a resident in one of the aforementioned countries, with the exception of Syrian refugees who are not required to be residing in one of the listed countries, and of Palestinians residing in Israel.
2. evidence of academic, research and/or professional merit (demonstrated through reference letters)
3. demonstration of future promise (demonstrated through letter of intent, interviews, and other required essays)
4. proof of financial need
5. applicants must already be granted acceptance in one of the approved programs at the University of Cambridge. For the full list, please visit scholarship's page: http://althurayafoundation.org/programs/mena-program/
- partial funding - mentorship - access to a network of AlThuraya Alumni
Prospective students must apply directly to their intended program of study. No separate application required to be considered for the scholarship.
Please apply to your particular course and complete the 'Funding' section in the online Applicant Portal in order to be considered for funding.
The University of Cambridge handles admissions. If student is eligible for scholarship, (s)he will be referred to Cambridge Trust. Once they are shortlisted by the Cambridge Trust for the program, they will be referred to AlThuraya Foundation for a final assessment.
Applications for Fall 2018/2019 are now open.
Funding deadlines vary from program to program; some are as early as mid-November (e.g. LLM program), most programs' deadlines are on December 6th, 2017 and January 4th, 2018. Please refer to your particular course for specific deadlines.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.