Allan Mulally Leadership in Engineering Award for International Students at University of Melbourne
- up to $10,000
- 6 September 2020
This award recognises an outstanding coursework student commencing the Master of Engineering in an automotive-related major. On July 1, 2014, Alan Mulally stepped down as President and Chief Executive Officer of Ford Motor Company. To honour his outstanding service, Ford established a new global scholarship program – The Alan Mulally Leadership in Engineering Scholarship. The program will support the awarding of ten US $10,000 scholarships to outstanding engineering students at ten premiere partner universities around the globe – one scholarship winner per school.
University of Melbourne
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be in your first year (2020 start-year or mid-year intake) of one of the following courses/disciplines within the Melbourne School of Engineering:
- Master of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Master of Engineering (Mechatronics)
- Master of Computer Science
- Have achieved a minimum WAM of 80 in your most recent degree course completed prior to commencing your current course
- demonstrate an interest in automotive engineering
- demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
One scholarship of US$10,000 will be awarded.
The recipient will also be invited to join the Ford Blue Oval Scholars network to maintain an ongoing connection with the company.
The award will be offered based on:
- WAM achieved in your most recent degree completed prior to commencement of the current course.
- an essay of 400-500 words (submitted within this online application) which clearly demonstrates:
- your interest in Automotive Engineering
- relevant leadership role(s) you have held
- why you believe you are the best candidate for this scholarship.
- a letter of recommendation confirming your leadership skills in an academic or community-based setting.
Submit an online application via the Melbourne School of Engineering coursework student website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.