Akron Guarantee funding for International Students in the USA
- 15 June 2020
The University of Akron offers competitive, merit-based scholarship awards that not only renew each year but also grow — all while guaranteeing that tuition will not increase.
The Akron Guarantee Scholarship starts with an initial award of $1,000 to $7,500, and the scholarship increases as you make progress toward earning a degree. In total, the scholarship ranges from $8,000 to $34,000 over four years.
- You are eligible if you wish to transfer to The University of Akron with at least 12 semester credit hours, but not more than 90 semester credit hours, from another regionally accredited college or university and if you have achieved a minimum cumulative college grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- You are eligible if you previously attended UA, you are returning as a transfer student, and you otherwise meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must be enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s program on our Main Campus, or be enrolled at a location charging the Main Campus rate and continue in good academic standing.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
For fall 2019, your initial award will be determined by your college GPA:
- A GPA of 3.5 or higher earns an award of $2,000
- A GPA of 3.25 to 3.49 earns an award of $1,500
- A GPA of 3.0 to 3.249 earns an award of $1,000
There is no application. We use information provided on admissions applications to determine awards. All applicants are carefully considered.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.