AIMS Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Science for African Applicants
- 15 February 2017
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Science for the . Fellowships are tenable for one year, contingent on satisfactory progress, and could be extended for the second year.
Preference will be given to applicants from SADC member states but candidates from all over Africa are encouraged to apply.
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centers of excellence for postgraduate education, research and outreach in mathematical sciences.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A relevant doctorate of high standing
- A developing research capability which will lead to good publications
- Ability to tutor postgraduate students successfully
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English
Fellowships are tenable for one year, contingent on satisfactory progress, and could be extended for the second year. Fellowships are immediately available and the value of the award ranges between R200 – R240k per annum, tax-free, subject to qualification and experience. Other benefits included the provision of a laptop, coverage of all cost associated with the use of HPC resources, and a conference travel allowance of R 30,000 per annum.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Send completed applications to joan-at-aims.ac.za
- A covering letter motivating the application
- A comprehensive CV stating research plans in the above or related areas
- Two reference letters from academics familiar with your work
- Statement on citizenship and whether a South African work permit is currently being held
- Other practical information such as earliest date of commencement
- Please note the Fellowship cannot be held concurrently with any supplementary funding.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.