The Agnes C. Nelson Memorial Scholarship is offered to students majoring in Economics and/or Political Science who demonstrate interest in BOTH fields. One scholarship, for approximately $8000, will be awarded to students who show commitment to these fields and who meet the eligibility criteria.
Agnes C. Nelson Memorial Scholarship
University of Washington
The University of Washington educates a diverse student body to become responsible global citizens and future leaders through a challenging learning environment informed by cutting-edge scholarship.All Scholarships from University of Washington
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must:
- maintain a cumulative UW GPA of at least 3.2,
- have completed 25 combined credits in Economics and Political Science, to include at least 10 credits in each department,
- have completed 75 credits by the end of Spring,
- have submitted a completed application form with all necessary attachments to either Ahna Kotila in Economics or Tamara Sollinger in Political Science,
- are eligible for financial aid, as determined by the University of Washington Financial Aid Office.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The value of the scholarship is $8,000
Completed application packets must include:
- A completed application form
- Unofficial transcripts from all college work
- A 500-word essay (approximately 2 pages, double spaced) in which you examine the interrelations between political processes and economic decisions.