If you're an international student from a member state of the African Union and are self-funding your undergraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship, paid as a discount on your first year’s tuition fee.
Africa Undergraduate Regional Scholarship
University of Essex
The University of Essex is a public research university in Essex, England.All Scholarships from University of Essex
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely selffunded*.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see below for the definition of ordinary residence) in a member country of the African Union nation.
- Students must be commencing studies in the first year (Year 1) of an undergraduate degree at Essex in 2023-24.
- UCAS applicants must actively make Essex their firm choice by 14 July 2023. Applicants that become firm with Essex through rejection by their original firm choice selection elsewhere are not eligible. Direct Applicants must accept their offer by 14 July 2023.**.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of study (Year1) only.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities. *Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded. **University of Essex International College students are exempt from this deadline. University of Essex Page 2 of 3 Students who are not eligible
- The following students are NOT eligible for this scholarship regardless of meeting the above criteria:
- Students undertaking courses at East 15 Acting School.
- Students undertaking a degree that is normally delivered wholly online
- This scholarship award does not apply to deferred entry. Where a scholarship has been awarded to a student who subsequently defers entry to the following academic year, the award will be withdrawn and the applicant will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
- Students transferring into the second or third year from another higher education institution in the UK or abroad.
- Students directly continuing from one course to another (for example from Foundation degree or HND on to the final year of an honours degree).
- Students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- Students who are classified as a Home fee paying student
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The scholarship is worth £4,000.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be considered for this award. You don’t need to complete an application form. The University will assess your eligibility based on your country of domicile and fee status that you submit on your application for your place at Essex.