Academic Excellence PhD Scholarship in Advanced and Applied Chemistry at Technical University of Denmark, 2017
- 2 January 2017
A 3-year PhD scholarship is available at DTU Chemistry at the Technical University of Denmark. The scholarship is awarded in the field of Advanced and Applied Chemistry and is open citizens of all nationalities.
The Technical University of Denmark often simply referred to as DTU, is a university in Kongens Lyngby, just north of Copenhagen, Denmark. It was founded in 1829 at the initiative of Hans Christian Ørsted as Denmark’s first polytechnic, and is today ranked among Europe’s leading engineering institutions.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
- Candidates should have an M.Sc. or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related fields with excellent grades.
- Candidates should have the ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a dynamic research team. Good communication skills in both written and spoken English are expected.
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD students. Monthly starting salary level will be app. € 4000 including contribution to pension. The period of employment is 3 years.
Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- A letter of endorsement from a member of the Faculty at DTU Chemistry
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (an official translation into English)Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)
- A list of publications
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.