6 Scholarships for the “BA program in the Archaeology, History, and Literature of Ancient Greece”
- € 10000
- 30 June 2020
The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens offers six (6) Merit Scholarships to students who wish to pursue the “BA program in the Archaeology, History, and Literature of Ancient Greece”, starting in fall 2020.
We are looking for students who are highly motivated and committed, and will benefit from our support to fully develop their potential. These Excellence Awards are offered for the first year of this program, in order to assist high caliber individuals who have a strong motivation to develop their studies in the Ancient Greek History and Culture. A single payment of the amount of Eur 10000 will be made to the students who will be selected, but there will be no exemption from their financial obligations towards the program, including tuition fees, accommodation expenses in Athens, bank account commitments for a residence permit, etc.
University of Athens
The scholarships are available for new high-achieving students who meet the eligibility criteria. To apply, you must:
- Hold a non-Greek passport.
- Have completed secondary education (at least the last two years) in your country and can prove it.
- Be under 27 years old.
- Have applied (or will apply) for the “BA program in the Archaeology, History, and Literature of Ancient Greece” for the academic year 2020-2021.
- Hold (or be expected to obtain) a High School Graduation Certificate with an average grade of 90%, or above. (For scholarship purposes, all applicants will be considered if they are marginally below this average grade, but they can prove that they are ranked at the top of their class or with high score in relevant subjects). Priority will be given to students who have not studied at undergraduate level before.
- Fill in the relevant form and upload all certified documentation required.
A single payment of the amount of €10.000 will be made to the students who will be selected, but there will be no exemption from their financial obligations towards the program, including tuition fees, accommodation expenses in Athens, bank account commitments for a residence permit, etc.
If you are selected for a merit scholarship, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you will be guaranteed the award in your first year of study. The scholarship may also be available in each of the following academic years of your course on the condition that you obtain an average score of 85%, or above, attend all classes, achieve a minimum of 60 credits in the previous academic year and have excellent classroom behavior.
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful. A Scholarship Committee of senior members of academic/administrative staff will select the strongest applications based on the following:
- A strong academic profile as attested by a graduation diploma/certificate, the two final years’ transcript and the class rank.
- A clear statement for applying for the BA program together with a current CV.
- Knowledge of foreign languages.
- Extracurricular activities, awards, publications etc.
- Letter of recommendation.
Please visit our website for more information about the application process.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.