35 Norway-America Association Scholarships for Master’s and PhD Students in USA, 2017
- Deadline: December 18, 2016
Norway-America Association is offering up to 35 Scholarships for Master’s and PhD students. Norwegian citizens are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Norway-America Association (NORAM) is a non-profit scholarship organization founded in 1919. It administers and manages its own grants and scholarships, and work with other organizations in the United States to provide many Norwegians as possible scholarships for their education. Since 1919 NORAM awarded more than 5,000 scholarships to Norwegian and American students.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Applicants must be Norwegian citizens
- Bachelor’s degree:
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree, by the end of 2016
- Applicants who takes a 5-year degree (eg, Master of Laws, or civil engineering degree / master) must have completed at least three years (180 credits) of their education by the end of 2016
- In some cases, applicants without completed bachelor / 180 credits apply if they have good grades and can demonstrate strong study.Please contact us for prior approval.
- Rights can be granted to applicants who take their first master (does not apply to PhD)
Requirements for education / project:
- Applicants need to have received a letter of admission / invitation from the host institution in the United States within a deadline, but documentation of admission / invitation will have to be submitted if one becomes attuned to scholarship.If you have already entered one must submit certificate of enrollment
- Scholarships are given to enable studies / research at the graduate level (master or PhD) in the United States.Post-doc / researchers advised to consult to see if they can apply
- Scholarships may both be given to applicants who want to take an entire Master’s or PhD degree in the United States, and applicants who will take part of their Master’s or PhD degree (exchange) in the US
- The degree can be commenced
- The scholarships are for stays at an accredited institution in the United States . Remote / online study or stay at educational institutions outside the United States will not be considered
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
Up to 35 scholarships are awarded each year. Scholarship amounts are from about USD 2,000 to USD 20,000.
See the website for application info. Besides the application you need the following documents:
- CV in English
- Please enter NORAM budget for graduate scholarships .
- See here for requirements and tips to the project description.
- Diplomas, transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Admission Letter from school
- Portfolio (music, film, art etc)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.