30 International PhD Scholarships at Sheffield Hallam University
- 24 February 2017
The Sheffield Hallam University is offering up to 30 PhD scholarships across a range of subject areas. These scholarships are open to UK/EU and international students commencing studies in September 2017.
The university is the fourth largest university in the UK (out of 163) with 33,100 students (of whom 4,400 are the international student), 4,494 staff and 708 courses.
International students must provide evidence that they meet the minimum IELTS requirements appropriate for their field of study.
- All applicants should hold a strong undergraduate degree (2.1 or above) and/or a relevant masters qualification (or expectation of the same).
- University scholarships in most disciplines are open to home/EU and international applicants. However, the shortfall between international and Home/EU fees will not be covered by the scholarship and another funding source will have to be identified by international applicants to cover this.
- Part-time scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- GTA scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- While teaching experience is desirable for GTA applicants, successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their higher education teaching skills through training, practice and mentoring.
- Candidates who already hold a PhD offer from Sheffield Hallam University (to start in September 2017) are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Currently enrolled PhD students are not eligible.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Fully-funded scholarships – covering your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels, for three years of full-time study commencing in October 2017.
- Fully-funded collaborative scholarships – for projects which are partly funded by external partners. It will cover your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels for three years of full-time study, commencing in October 2017.
- Part-time, fees-only scholarships – covering your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) for five years of part-time study commencing in October 2017.
Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA)
- These programs are designed to develop the next generation of academics. They include teacher training and up to six hours’ contact time with undergraduate students each week. These scholarships cover your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels, for three years of full-time study commencing in October 2017.
Applicants should email their completed postgraduate application form (including a 1500 word proposal) via email. You can complete and submit this form as follows
- Print the form and complete by hand, then submit by post or in person using the details on the application form.
- Download the document and save it to your desktop or personal folders. If you’re using a Mac make sure you open it with Adobe Reader, not Preview. Complete the form by typing into the boxes, then re-save and email the file as an attachment to directadmissions-at-shu.ac.uk
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.