2nd Annual Electric Dog Fence
Last year, we had the honor of hosting our first Veterinary & Pre-Vet Scholarship. It was a true honor for us to be able to help a needy student in a way that most scholarships normally can’t. Our goal is to provide a deserving student the opportunity to have some financial relief that will allow him or her to better focus in their studies and be able to better serve humanity, in particular our best friends.
Thanks to the feedback of numerous academic institutions, we have made revisions to this year’s scholarship in an effort to be more inclusive and allow for broader participation.
Award Criteria and Eligibility
Be enrolled in one of the following:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program
- Undergraduate biology or pre-veterinary studies program, or the equivalent
- Vocational program or community college working on technical or support degrees associated to the service of animals
- Graduate program focused on animal assisted therapy
- Must be enrolled full-time and in good standing at an accredited university
- Hold a minimum 3.5 grade point average (GPA) or equivalent
- Submit a 1,000 word essay on Ways to Improve the Quality of Life of Our Canine Companions or What To Do When Your Dog is Lost
- One of the two awards is open for students outside the United States
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Two $1000 scholarships are available. Each scholarship will be distributed in two installments of $500 each per criteria below
To be used at the student’s discretion for living expenses, educational expenses or quality of life expenses
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.