The scholarship is awarded annually to a student who demonstrates a “breakthrough” in their studies. Share the breakthrough moment that led you to pursue a graduate degree. Did you overcome a hardship, or have an “aha” moment? Tell us about it! The GradCAS Breakthrough Scholarship is awarded to a graduate student who applies and matriculates to a graduate program participating in the GradCAS application.
$2,500 for Graduate School: GradCAS Breakthrough Scholarship
- Master, Phd
- Available to U.S. and non-U.S. residents
- 3.25 or better grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Apply to a graduate program using the GradCAS application
- Matriculate to a program participating in GradCAS
- At the time of matriculation, applicants must have completed undergraduate studies at an accredited four or five year institution of higher education
- Acceptable degrees include M.S. and PhD across all disciplines
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
- One scholarship will be awarded each year in the amount of $2,500, provided directly to the graduate school in the name of applicant
- Scholarship funds are paid directly to the school and applied to your student tuition account, and can be used for tuition or any other incidental school expenses
- Complete and submit the Breakthrough Scholarship application via GradCAS
- Request 2 letters of recommendation to be sent through GradCAS
- Upload scholarship essay in the Documents section
- Upload CV/Resume
- Upload unofficial transcripts in the Academic History section
- Self-reported GRE or GMAT scores (optional) in the Standardized Tests tile in the Academic History section