25 VC’s Scholarships for Sport, Music and Arts at Durham University in UK, 2017-2018
- Deadline: January 15, 2017
The Durham University is offering up to 25 VC’s Scholarships for Sport, Music and the Arts to study in UK. International applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Durham University is a collegiate public research university in Durham, North East England, with a second campus in nearby Stockton-on-Tees. It was founded by an Act of Parliament in 1832 and granted a Royal Charter in 1837.
If English is not applicant’s first language they will need IELTS 7.0 (no element below 6.5) or Pearson Test of English Overall Score 70+ (No element below 62).
The university criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
Award value: £2,000 financial support.
Prospective applicants must:
- Stage 1:submit an academic application to Durham University, by 15th January 2017, via UCAS
- Stage 2:submit an online scholarship application form by 15th January 2017 including the following:
- Personal Statement of no more than 1,000 words explaining why you should be awarded a Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for Sport, Music or the Arts
- A reference of no more than 1,000 words from a suitable adult e.g. a teacher at your school, a coach, the conductor of an ensemble in which you play, the director of a production in which you have been involved; explaining why you are suitable to be awarded a Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for Sport, Music or the Arts sent directly from the referee to advice-at-durham.ac.uk. Please ensure your referee submits the reference on letter headed paper which contains their name, position, contact details and your full name.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.