2019 Kelso Industrial Group Scholarship Essay Contest
- 15 June 2019
The future of our infrastructure is changing quickly, bringing jobs, revenue streams and investment opportunities as well as new laws, regulations and industry standards. How do we prepare for many of the automated technologies coming our way? How will our old buildings, cars and roads fit with the new? What can we build now that will contribute to this growth for the next 30+ years? What grand challenges should we embrace?
Select ONE infrastructure idea listed, explain the challenges associated with the idea and describe what measures you would recommend our nation’s leaders take to ensure we continue to sustain and grow our infrastructure for generations to come. Submitted essays will be judged on research of the issues, explanation of the usefulness of implementing, and originality in recommended measures. Submissions must be between 800 and 1200 words.
Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or legal permanent resident.Applicant must be in high school Grade 12 or college Year 1, 2 or 3 enrolled in an official undergraduate program of study in Canada for the Fall 2018 semester. Applicant must be 14 years old or older.Applicant must be enrolled in or attending an accredited school within Canada for the Fall 2018 semester.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The $1,000 scholarship will be paid directly to the accredited college or university account of the winning student. Student and the winning essay will be featured in Kelso Industrial Group social media accounts and website.
- One entry per person. Entries must be received by midnight EST on June 15, 2019 through Kelso Industrial Group’s official submission webpage. Those received after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Winners will be announced online at www.kelsoindustrial.com and on associated social media by July 31, 2019.
- To be considered, submission (in a Word document or Word compatible file) must be complete and include the entrant’s name, address, email, and telephone number, current school grade level and school attending/enrolled in for Fall 2019.
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Applicant must be in high school Grade 12 or college Year 1, 2 or 3 enrolled in an official undergraduate program of study in Canada for the Fall 2019 semester. Applicant must be 14 years old or older.
- Applicant must be enrolled in or attending an accredited school within Canada for the Fall 2019 semester.
- No purchase or contribution is required for entry. Neither membership in nor contributions to any organization will enhance the chances of winning.
- Essay must be the original work of applicant. Essays should be between 800 and 1200 words, in 12-14 point font in a Word document or Word compatible file.
- All applicants are subject to the Kelso Industrial Group Release.
- Relatives of employees or directors of Kelso Industrial Group are not eligible.
- Not valid where prohibited.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.