2017 Master Fellowships for French and Foreign Students at CIMI, University of Toulouse, France
- 3 February 2017
Every year Centre International de Mathématiques et d’Informatique (CIMI ) in Toulouse provides a number of fellowships for students enrolled in a Master course in Mathematics or Computer Science in one of the programs associated with CIMI.
4 fellowships for students starting in the first year of a Master’s degree M1 and 10 fellowships for those starting in the second year of a Master’s degree M2 will be available.
CIMI stands for “Centre International de Mathématiques et Informatique de Toulouse”, or International Center of Mathematics and Computer Science in Toulouse. The goal of CIMI is to establish itself as a leading international center in mathematics, computer science, and their interactions.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Those fellowships are open, on a competitive basis, to French and foreign students and awarded on the basis of the quality of the academic records.
First year (M1) applicants: Applicants must have obtained a degree corresponding to the European Bachelor’s degree.
Second year (M2) applicants: Applicants must have successfully completed the first year of a European Master’s degree, or an American Bachelor’s degree, or any equivalent level.
The CIMI LabEx applies an equal opportunity policy in selection.
IMPORTANT: Students applying for a Master course combining work and training (“formation en alternate”) are not eligible for CIMI fellowships.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The level of funding will be competitive and sufficient to cover tuition fees and part of living expenses in Toulouse :
- 600€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the first year M1
- 1 000€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the second year M2.
The mode of application is online. Required documents are as follows:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Details of the grades obtained at University from the 1st year to present
- Details of the courses attended in the year 2015-2016
- Two recommendation letters (one from the head of the current year syllabus) :do not forget to mention the e-mail addresses of the professors wishing to send recommendation letters. They will receive an automatic e-mail to upload their letter.
- Applicant’s motivation letter:applicants for an M2 fellowship MUST clearly state in their letter the M2 programme (M2R, IMAT,…) they are applying for.
- Information about the current level of French language skills:only applies to foreign students from non-French speaking countries applying for an M1 fellowship. All M1 courses will be taught in French.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.