2017 Fully Funded 4-year PhD Scholarships in Economics, Germany
- 30 April 2017
DIW Graduate Center is offering fully funded 4-year PhD scholarships in economics. These scholarships are open to highly qualified and motivated postgraduate students from around the world.
The German Institute for Economic Research or more commonly DIW Berlin is one of the leading economic research institutes in Germany.
If students have completed at least one semester in a program that uses English as its language of instruction, then the TOEFL or IELTS test is not necessary. If students have not done so, a TOEFL or IELTS test is obligatory.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or diploma in economics. Degrees from other related fields (such as civil engineering, statistics or quantitative social sciences) may also fulfil the requirements for the program if the applicant has a sufficient background in economics. Applicants, who only hold a Bachelor’s degree, can be accepted into the GC if they can prove continued education at the graduate level (e.g. one year of relevant coursework of a Master’s program). Eligibility of these candidates will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
This is a fully funded PhD programme.
Applications are only accepted online. The application for admission must include:
- The completed online application (link below during application period);
- The application form (see sidebar Downloads);
- The applicant’s statement of objectives; the statement of objectives should state the applicant’s motivation for participating in the program and give a short outline of his/her major research interests. The statement should be no longer than 2 pages.=
- A detailed curriculum vitae (without photograph);
- A recent photograph;
- Copies of academic transcripts and other certificates;
- Two academic letters of recommendation (see sidebar Downloads);
- A TOEFL/IELTS-test if required (see requirements above);
- A GRE-test if required.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.