16 International IAPETUS2 NERC PhD Studentships at Newcastle University in UK
- 100% of home tuition fees + £15,285 p.a.
- 8 January 2021
Named after the ancient ocean that closed to bring together England and Scotland, IAPETUS is a partnership that joins the leading research universities of Durham, Glasgow, Heriot Watt, Newcastle, St Andrews and Stirling, together with the British Antarctic Survey, British Geological Survey and the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, in a united approach to doctoral research and training the next generation of leaders in the science of the natural environment.
IAPETUS is a multidisciplinary Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP), funded and accredited by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), offering PhD students a world-class environment in which to study, encompassing:
- A range of attractive fully-funded PhD studentships;
- Supervision and support from academics and researchers that are world-leaders in their fields;
- Tailored training and development programmes;
- Placements and internship opportunities; &
- Access to a vast range of high-quality laboratories, facilities and resources.
Information about the current projects being offered by Newcastle University can be found on the Newcastle website
Newcastle is committed to promoting diversity, and we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups. Part-time study option are available.
Further information and all projects offered by IAPETUS2 can be found on the IAPETUS2 website.
Home and International students (Inc. EU) are welcome to apply. IAPETUS2 have a limited number of International awards available, and applicants may be required to provide additional fees not covered by the UKRI Home fee contribution. Further information will be provided at application stage.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
100% of home tuition fees paid and annual living expenses of £15,285. Successful international candidates may be required to make up the difference between the home and international fees.
To apply for an IAPETUS2 project offered by Newcastle University you need to:
- Apply through Newcastle’s Online Postgraduate System
- insert the programme code in the programme of study section
- select PhD as the programme of study (details of programme for each project are listed at https://www.ncl.ac.uk/sage/research/phd-opportunities/natural-environment/#iapetus2
- insert the studentship code IAPETUS2 project code (without any spaces, hyphens and 2 e.g. IAP20137) (see individual projects) in the studentship/partnership reference field
- attach a CV.
- attach a covering letter written by the prospective student, no greater than 2 sides in length, detailing their reasons for applying and why they have selected the project that they wish to conduct.
- Two (or more) references, avoiding any references from any members of the supervisory team that are part of the research project that they wish to conduct.
- Full transcripts of previous qualifications obtained to date and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications.
Prospective students also need to complete the online IAPETUS form available here
Your prospective school will review your application and it will decide whether to put you forward for consideration by the IAPETUS2 Studentships Panel.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.