16 DTU H.C. Ørsted Fellowships for International Researchers in Denmark, 2017
- Deadline: February 23, 2017
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites applications for up to 16 H.C. Ørsted fellowships for researchers, which is co-funded by Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions. These fellowships are open to young talented researchers from all over the world.
The Programme will contribute to the researcher’s career development, broadening and be deepening individual competencies through exposure to an international and multidisciplinary environment. The Programme is based on incoming mobility and will enable experienced researchers from all over the world to carry out curiosity-driven, bottom-up research projects within all branches of engineering science at DTU.
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is recognized internationally as a leading university in the areas of the technical and the natural sciences, renowned for business-oriented approach, focus on sustainability, and amazing study environment.
Applications must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered:
- At the time of recruitment (1 July 2017) applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Denmark or at DTU for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment (excl. holidays and short visits)
- Successful applicants must move to Denmark by the time of employment at the latest;
- The applicant must, by the time of recruitment (1 July 2017), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience;
- Applicants must have arranged in advance a research plan with a host at DTU;
- The application must be in English;
- The application must be complete and uploaded as one compiled PDF via DTU’s online recruitment site within the deadline. Applications sent via email or the like will not be considered.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
The grant will cover the salary for the postdoc fellow for up to 24 months, but not research costs. Research costs must be provided by the hosting research department. It is therefore recommended that the research plan is developed in cooperation with the relevant research department and potential supervisor at DTU.
Applications must be submitted as one compiled PDF file containing all material via DTU’s online submission form at http://www.dtu.dk/english/career. Apply directly here. The application must include the following (use templates available for download on the website):
- The research plan for a total of 7 (A4) pages excl. summary (tables containing personal- and project information and the brief summary are not included in the 7 A4 pages);
- Signed host statement regarding hosting arrangements;
- Prioritised CV and list of publications;
- Table of ethics issues;
- Scanned copy of PhD diploma or an official statement on the expected date of graduation (Documentation of academic degrees must be in English or an officially approved translation must be included).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.