15 Carnegie-Caledonian PhD Scholarships at University of Glasgow in UK, 2017
- 13 February 2017
The University of Glasgow is pleased to offer up to 15 Carnegie-Caledonian PhD Scholarships. Scholarships are open to the UK and Non-UK/EU students to pursue PhD programme at the University of Glasgow for the academic year 2017-2018.
The University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities.
If English is not student’s first language, they will be required to provide a language test before they can start their studies.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- A strong 1st Class Honours undergraduate degree from a Scottish university is a pre-requisite for consideration for the scholarship. Applicants should be at least achieving A1-A3 grades in their Honours years (University of Glasgow 22 point scale 20-22). Those with borderline 1st class degree results/dissertations or not holding a first class degree are not eligible to apply.
- Final year students of a Scottish university who expect to achieve a strong 1st Class Honours degree are eligible for nomination but will be withdrawn from the competition is they do not achieve a strong First. Nominees must also have a strong 1st class result in their Honours dissertation and demostrate consistency and/or increasing levels of achievements throughout their studies.
- Non-UK/EU domiciled students with a First-Class Honours undergraduate degree from a Scottish university are eligible to be nominated for a Scholarship, but the Trust will only cover the costs of equivalent home fees. The University is expected to waive the outstanding balance for overseas tuition fees. The prospective supervisor of an international student should verify with the relevant Graduate School that they are willing to waive additional fees.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
These scholarships provide:
- a stipend payable for 36 months (currently £15,900 for 2016-2017)
- fees at home rate (the difference in fee rate for international students will be covered by the University)
- up to £1000 towards certain research costs and access to Research Incentive Grants
Nomination forms can be download from the right hand side of this page. The completed nomination form should be combined with undergraduate/postgraduate transcripts in a single PDF document using the file name “Carnegie – First name Surname”. Please only submit relevant pages from transcripts which detail courses taken and results.
Applicants should also complete the relevant GPA Calculator form based on their results received to date and save this using the file name “GPA Calculator – First name Surname“. All documentation should be submitted to pgr-at-glasgow.ac.uk.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.